Vault Comics Announces “UNBANNED” Pride Month Initiative, Gives FreeQueer Books to Everyone, Everywhere.
Missoula MT (06/03/2022): Banning books is nothing new to the world of comics and literature, but in recent months we’ve seen an unprecedented uptick in new bans across the country. These bans have targeted many queer books and creators. And while politicians and extremist groups may be working hard to erase LGBTQIA+ voices, we at Vault Comics continue to maintain that this space, *our space*, has always and will always be safe — but more than safe, it will be loud, proud, and unapologetic.
For anyone in an area where bans are being enacted, we see you. You are not forgotten, and you are not alone. Queerness is powerful. It is human. We will celebrate and be celebrated together.
So, for the next five weeks, we at Vault are giving away a different LGBTQIA+ themed title, by LGBTQIA+ creators, on our digital store for free. Use the code: “UNBANNED” on the digital version of these books in our webstore to receive them with no strings attached, and check back each Monday for a new title you can add to your library:
PRIDE is as much of a protest as it is a celebration, an opportunity to shout and laugh and chant together. To assert that we will never be silenced, we refuse to be erased, we reject your bans, we’re not going anywhere, and our stories don’t just matter for a month, they matter forever and always, backward through history and forward into the future.
Queer stories shape the world.
We’ll never stop telling them.
— Vault Comics
– Damian Wassel, CEO & Publisher
– Adrian Wassel, Editor-In-Chief
– Nathan Gooden, SeniorArtist
– David Dissanayake, V.P. of Sales & Marketing
– Syndee Barwick, Director – Sales & Marketing, Book Trade
– Daniel Crary, Communications Director
– Alex Scola, Social Media + Digital Advertising
– Ian Baldessari, Production Manager
– Tim Daniel, Art Director, Branding & Design
– Sonja Synak, Art Director / Wonderbound