Comic Book Industry Legend Frank Miller Agrees to CGC In-House Private Signing
Comic book industry legend Frank Miller has agreed to do a CGC In-House Private Signing, giving fans the incredible opportunity to have their collectibles autographed by the writer, artist, director and producer. Miller’s most famous works include Ronin, Daredevil: Born Again, The Dark Night Returns, Batman: Year One, Sin City and 300, which all display his hallmark film noir style.
“I’m really looking forward to signing for fans, and I can’t wait to see which books they submit,” said Miller. “The CGC In-House Private Signing is great because it makes it convenient for fans to get an autograph and for me to give them.”
For this event, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Miller for the collectibles to be signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando. The fan-favorite event has been rescheduled for June 4-7, and many of the biggest names in the comic book industry have confirmed their attendance for the new dates.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Miller signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $130 per item includes:
- Frank Miller’s signature
- expedited turnaround time of 3 weeks for CGC grading
- expedited turnaround time of 6 weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.
CGC must receive all submissions at its Florida headquarters by Friday, May 29, 2020.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – FRANK MILLER from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to FRANK MILLER under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write FM on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/comic-book-industry-legend-frank-miller-agrees-to-cgc-in-house-private-signing/https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CGC-logo-600x257.pnghttps://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CGC-logo-150x64.pngNewsagrees,comic,frank,house,industry,legend,miller