Wizard World Adds Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Tulsa, Bay Area To 2019 Calendar
Boise Event Cancelled; Return to Los Angeles (June 8), Pittsburgh (July 26-28), First Ever Bay Area (Oakland, Nov. 22-24), New Venue For Tulsa (Sept. 6-8) Event; 2019 Schedule Currently At 15 Shows
LOS ANGELES, April 22, 2019 – Wizard Entertainment Inc. (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the addition of four events to the 2019 calendar of Wizard World pop culture conventions, including the return to Los Angeles (June 8 at Sony Pictures Studio Lot, Culver City, Calif.), fifth visit to Tulsa, Okla. (Sept. 6-8 at Renaissance Tulsa), third event in Pittsburgh (July 26-28, David L. Lawrence Convention Center), and first trip to the Bay Area (Oakland, Calif., Nov. 22-24, Oakland Convention Center). The Boise, Idaho, event, originally set for July 19-21 will not be held, bringing the current 2019 Wizard World calendar to 15 shows.
The Tulsa show will mark the sixth straight year that Wizard World has produced a show in Oklahoma. The Cox Business Center in Tulsa served as the venue in 2014 through 2016 and in 2018, while the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City hosted the convention in 2017. Wizard World last held an event in Southern California at Wizard World Anaheim in 2011, in the “Bay Area” at San Jose in 2015 and produced events in Pittsburgh in 2015 and 2016. Fans holding tickets to the Ghostbusters Fan Fest (June 7-8) will also be admitted to the concurrent Wizard World Los Angeles event.
The 2019 Wizard World convention schedule (including shows held to date) is as follows (*denotes new for 2019, not held in 2018):
• January 4-6, New Orleans, Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
• February 22-24, Portland, Ore., Oregon Convention Center
• March 8-10, Cleveland, Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
• April 5-7, St. Louis, America’s Center
• *June 7-8, Ghostbusters Fan Fest Presented By Wizard World, Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, Calif.
• *June 8, Los Angeles, Sony Pictures Studio Lot, Culver City, Calif.
• June 13-16, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Convention Center
• *July 26-28, Pittsburgh, David L. Lawrence Convention Center
• August 22-25, Chicago, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
• September 6-8, Tulsa, Okla., Renaissance Tulsa (**new location)
• September 20-22, Sacramento, Calif., Cal Expo (**new location)
• October 18-20, Columbus, Ohio, Greater Columbus Convention Center
• October 25-27, Madison, Wis., Alliant Energy Center
• November 8-10, Austin, Texas, Austin Convention Center
• *November 22-24, Bay Area (Oakland, Calif.), Oakland Convention Center
The rosters of celebrities and artists at each city are still being formed; those, as well as entertainment and programming schedules, will be announced closer to each respective date.
Wizard World events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening at each show.https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wizard-world-adds-los-angeles-pittsburgh-tulsa-bay-area-to-2019-calendar/https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/wizard-world-logo-600x253.pnghttps://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/wizard-world-logo-150x63.pngNewsangeles,calendar,pittsburgh,tulsa,wizard,world