From Emmy-winning writer Peter Murrieta, David Schrader (writer, Baby Badass) and artist Ben Herrera (X-Men Adventures).
(Burbank, CA) – September 3rd, 2020 – Starburns Industries Press, the publishing arm of the animation studio behind Rick and Morty, HBO’s Animals and the Oscar-Nominated Anomalisa, is launching a Kickstarter campaign for new comic book series, Rafael Garcia: Henchman. In this workplace action-comedy, an easy-going henchman attempts to take control of his life and survive the world of corporate super-villainy. Peter Murrieta, series creator, invites the question, “What if life in a super-villain organization was less like a James Bond movie and more like working at Walmart Corporate?”
Rafael Garcia: Henchman will be the first of SBI Press’ bilingual releases, offered in both Spanish and English. A rare offering from a Small Press title. “We‘re proud to introduce a protagonist with Latin roots, which is why we felt it was important to honor that culture by offering the book to Spanish speaking readers,” said Publisher Michael Calero. Fans around the world will be able to back the project and receive the fully translated book at the same time as its English release.
“A down-on-his-luck minion with a heart of gold. Rafael Garcia: Henchman is like Kevin Smith with a cape.”
— David Pepose, writer of Spencer & Locke
- A Kickstarter exclusive cover (pictured) by Kyle Roberts
- Variant covers by fan favorite Latino artists Dan Mendoza, Ramon Villalobos, and Orlando Arocena
- A tour of Starburns Industries Press studios
- A tier where Peter Murrieta will call the person of your choosing and deliver the uncomfortable news of your choice.
- Get drawn into the book by series artist Ben Herrera.