Ringo Awards 2020 Dates Announced, Thanks to 2019 Sponsors!
BALTIMORE, MARYLAND – February 26, 2020 – The Mike Wieringo Comic Book Industry Awards is an annual celebration of the creativity, skill, and fun of comics. The awards return for their fourth year on Saturday, October 24, 2020 as part of the fan- and pro-favorite convention, The Baltimore Comic-Con.
Unlike other professional industry awards, the Ringo Awards include fan participation in the nomination process along with an esteemed jury of comics professionals.
More than 20 categories will be celebrated with top honors being given at an awards ceremony.
Thank You to our 2019 Sponsors
The Ringo Awards Committee would like to thank our 2019 sponsors and encourage you to take a look at what they have to offer:
Gift Bag Sponsors:
- Abrams ComicArts (The Bridge, The Imitation Game, Nobody’s Fool, Shazam!, Tintin)
- Action Lab Entertainment (Aberrant Volume 1, The Ghost, The Owl)
- Archie Comic Publications (various comics)
- BOOM! Studios (Once and Future #1)
- Dark Horse Comics (Angel Catbird Volume 1, Black Hammer Volume 1, A Dame to Kill For HC, Ei8ht TPB, Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire)
- Diamond Comic Distributors (Kingdom Hearts Vinimates)
- Dynamite Entertainment (Nancy Drew: The Palace of Wisdom, Vampirella Comics Packs)
- IDW Publishing (Marvel Select Sal Buscema – Incredible Hulk, Marvel Select Bob Layton – Invincible Iron Man, Marvel Select Herb Trimpe – Incredible Hulk)
- New York Review Books (Agony)
- Source Point Press (TerraQuill)
- TokyoPop (The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero’s Journey Book 2)
- Valiant Entertainment (Bloodshot Baltimore Comic-Con Variant, Livewire Vol. 1)
- WEBTOON (playing cards)
If you would like to sponsor the Ringo Awards in 2020, please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Fan and Pro Nominations
Fan and pro-jury voting are tallied independently, and the combined nomination ballot is compiled by the Ringo Awards Committee. The top two fan choices become nominees, and the jury’s selections fill the remaining three slots for five total nominees per category. Ties may result in more than five nominees in a single category. Nominees will be listed on the ballot alphabetically. Nomination ballot voting will be open to the public (fans and pros) starting April 10, 2020 and will close June 25, 2020.
Fan and Pro Nomination Categories
* Best Cartoonist (Writer/Artist)
* Best Writer
* Best Artist or Penciller
* Best Inker
* Best Letterer
* Best Colorist
* Best Cover Artist
* Best Series
* Best Single Issue or Story
* Best Original Graphic Novel
* Best Anthology
* Best Humor Comic
* Best Comic Strip or Panel
* Best Webcomic
* Best Non-fiction Comic Work
* Best Kids Comic or Graphic Novel
* Best Presentation in Design
Fan-Only Favorite Categories
* Favorite Hero
* Favorite Villain
* Favorite New Series
* Favorite New Talent
* Favorite Publisher
Hero Initiative Award (selected by the Hero Initiative)
* The Hero Initiative Lifetime Achievement Award
* The Dick Giordano Humanitarian Award
Publishers wishing to submit works for review by the Ringo Jurors can submit up to five submissions per “Fan and Pro Nomination” and “Jury-Only Nomination” category that they feel are worthy of consideration. To participate in this process, publishers are asked to have a single representative send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to send in your submission.