pcoming Young Adult Graphic Novel Anthology Curated by Acclaimed Author Laurie Halse Anderson Profiles Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Beyoncé, Judith Heumann, Janelle Monae, Serena Williams and Many More Public Figures
All-Star Writers and Artist Contributors include Amanda Deibert, Cat Staggs, Cecil Castellucci, Danielle Paige, Jadzia Axelrod, Kami Garcia, Marieke Nijkamp, Nicole Goux, Sarah Kuhn, Vita Ayala and Many More
Book Hits Stores December 1, 2020
Available to Pre-order Now
Today, DC revealed new details for Wonder Women of History, the publisher’s highly anticipated young adult graphic novel anthology curated by New York Times bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson.
The anthology will present tales of real-world heroes who take up Wonder Woman’s iconic mantle and work in the fields of science, social justice activism, politics, and more. Today, DC announced the public figures that will be profiled as well as the talented writers and artists that will contribute to the project.
The graphic novel will hit stores everywhere books are sold on December 1, 2020 and is now available to pre-order. See below for the official details!
Wonder Women of History
Edited by Laurie Halse Anderson
On sale December 1, 2020
Available to Pre-Order Now
Women change the world—they’ve been doing it for centuries. Now, New York Times bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson has gathered women and non-binary writers and artists to reveal the women making our world better day by day. Real-world heroes from the fields of politics, business, activism, science, and pop culture are making tough decisions every day and we celebrate them here!
Wonder Women of History spotlights these notable public figures, written and drawn by some of the most talented writers and artists in publishing:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – written by Lilliam Rivera and drawn by Anastasia Longoria
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg – written by Lilah Sturges and drawn by Devaki Neogi
- Elizabeth Warren – written and drawn by Renae De Liz
- Rashida Tlaib – written and drawn by Marguerite Dabaie
- Teara Fraser – written by Traci Sorell and drawn by Natasha Donovan
- Beyoncé – written by Mikki Kendall and drawn by A. D’Amico
- Edith Windsor – written by Amanda Deibert and drawn by Cat Staggs
- Marsha P. Johnson – written by Jadzia Axelrod and drawn by Michaela Washington
- Emma Gonzalez – written by Kami Garcia and drawn by Igzell
- Judith Heumann – written by Marieke Nijkamp and drawn by Ashanti Fortson
- Ellen Ochoa – written by Cecil Castellucci and drawn by Carina Guevara
- Shi Zhengli – written by Emily X.R. Pan and drawn by Wendy Xu
- Serena Williams – written by Danielle Paige and drawn by Brittney Williams
- Tig Notaro – written by Sara Farizan and drawn by Nicole Goux
- Keiko Agena – written by Sarah Kuhn and drawn by Lynn Yoshii
- Dominique Dawes – written by Danny Lore and drawn by Robyn Smith
- Janelle Monae – written by Vita Ayala and drawn by O’Neill Jones
Wonder Women of History also includes portraits by Weshoyot Alvitre, Colleen Doran, Agnes Garbowska, Bex Glendining, Ashley A. Woods, and Safiya Zerrougui.