CGC Announces an In-House Signing Private Signing with Comic Book Legend George Perez!
CGC is thrilled to announce an CGC In-House Private Signing with comic book artist and writer George Pérez! After announcing his retirement from the comic-con circuit, Pérez has agreed to give his fans another opportunity to have their books signed and encapsulated under CGC’s Signature Series program.
“It’s been such an honor to have had a pivotal role shaping some of the greatest franchises of all time: The Avengers, The New Teen Titans, Crisis on Infinite Earths, Superman and Wonder Woman,” Pérez said. “I appreciate the support from comics fans over the years and have always enjoyed the chance to sign my works. I’m delighted to give comic book fans this opportunity.”
For this exclusive private signing event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Pérez to have the collectibles signed in conjunction with MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7. MEGACON is one of the most popular events on the comic-con circuit every year, and many guests have already confirmed their attendance for the new dates.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Pérez signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
Check CGC e-blasts and social media channels for any signing and scheduling updates.
The fee for the CGC In-House Private Signing is $75 per item and includes:
- George Pérez’s signature
- expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label.
Books need to be at CGC by Friday, May 29, 2020, to be eligible for this event.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – GEORGE PEREZ from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to George Perez under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write GP on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/cgc-announces-an-in-house-signing-private-signing-with-comic-book-legend-george-perez/https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CGC-logo-600x257.pnghttps://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CGC-logo-150x64.pngNewsannounces,comic,house,legend,private,signing