LONG BEACH COMIC CON IS COMING
Long Beach Comic Con’s 10th edition is just days away from bringing the thrills and chills that fans of comics, sci-fi, science, horror, fantasy, and wrestling crave! It’s got it all!
For film fanatics, this year’s Geekfest brings more than 30 fantasy, science fiction, horror, and fan films to LBCC. Watch the screenings and vote for your favorites as they compete for the top spot in the annual Best of Screening and Awards show, hosted by Farscape star, Gigi Edgley. Share your love of genre films with other fans by attending some of the gripping panels like Women of SciFi, Women of Indie Horror, and the Geekfest Filmmakers Panel. Visit the Geekfest booth for some exclusive swag, and meet some of your favorite celebrities for selfies and photographs, including Power Rangers Zero’s Nakia Burrise, indie horror star, Jackie Dallas, and actress, comedian and voice actress, Michelle Specht.
Ready for some rocking wrestling action? For the first time at LBCC, fans can catch the action ringside during Pro Wrestling matches right on the show floor! Visit the KnokX Pro Entertainment ring, located near Space Expo, and watch Rikishi and other Pro Wrestling stars including Black Pearl, Sefa Fatu, VIP, Akanesi, Otto Von Clutch, Krakken Zero, Bison, K Dubb, and Sgt. Stu SA as they battle it out live! The wrestlers will also be on-hand for autograph sessions throughout the show. This is one event you don’t want to miss!
“We’ve been programming GeekFest: The World’s Largest Traveling Comic Con Film Fest Tour, at Long Beach Comic Con and Expo for 5 years, and we love how supportive they are to our partnership, as they grow, we grow, “ said Bill Ostroff, creator and producer of GeekFest. He added, “It’s a great event for filmmakers to screen their films and be part of the genre indie film track of screenings and panels we’re creating together. Our tagline: ‘Come for the #FilmFest, Stay for the #ComicCon’ is taken to another level by LBCC.”
“We are thrilled to partner with the creative people at LBCC,” said Reno Anoa’i, CEO of KnokXPro Entertainment. “The patrons who attend this convention always have the most exciting energy, and we want to bring that same level of excitement with our Live Interactive and Cosplay Wrestling, in-ring photo opportunities, Wrestling Entrance Experience, autograph & memorabilia signing, and much more! Fans from all over the world will get a sneak peek behind the wrestling curtain and engage with the KnokXperience!”
From September 8 – 9, celebrities, creators, and comic and entertainment industry-leading special guests will take over the Long Beach Convention Center in beautiful Long Beach, filling hundreds of exhibits, while providing tons of hands-on activities and exciting panels. Tickets to Long Beach Comic Con are on sale now! Get yours before they sell out!
Committed to its celebration of some of the greatest creative talents in comics, television, and film, Long Beach Comic Con’s cast of special guests includes the minds involved in Black Panther, Game of Thrones, X-Men, and Power Rangers, just to name a few. This year, LBCC is packed with industry-leading special guests such as Eisner Award-nominated comic book writer and novelist Christopher Priest, Emmy Award Winner and Director of Fox-TV’s X-Men animated series, Larry Houston, Battlestar Galactica’s Herbert Jefferson Jr, WWE Superstar Rikishi, comic legend Marv Wolfman, Twin Peaks’ Ray Wise, and many more.
With hundreds of exhibits, dozens of guests and tons of hands-on activities, there’s something for everyone. In fact, here is a list of just some of the panels/activities you’ll be able to enjoy at Long Beach Comic Con:
- DC Nation: Join DC Publisher Dan DiDio as he hosts a star-studded gathering featuring Teen Titans’ Adam Glass, Detective Comics’ Bryan Edward Hill, and Deathstroke’s Christopher priest as they talk about all things DC
- Comics and Animation: Ever wonder how creators go about adapting comics for TV? Join writer and producer Craig Miller as he moderates a Q&A featuring writers Mairghread Scott (Guardians of the Galaxy), Johnathan Callan (Justice League Action) and Big Hero 6 artist, Gus Vazquez
- Twin Peaks: Got a Light?: Your favorite residents of Twin Peaks take the stage for this very special Q&A session. Join Ray Wise (Leland Palmer), Kimmy Robertson, (Lucy), Harry Goaz (Deputy Andy), and James Marshall (James Hurley), alongside newcomers Chrysta Bell (Agent Tammy) and Woodsman Robert Broski in a conversation moderated by TV writer/producer Mark A. Altman.
- The Science of Black Panther’s Baadasssss Arsenal: Senior FPGA Engineer Benjamin Siepser, Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Michael Dennin, and host of the FGGGBT Podcast, Daniel J. Glenn as they break down all the Vibranium-based gadgets from the Marvel Universe!
- KnokX PRO Wrestling Ring: Where comics and pro wrestling collide — featuring pro-wrestler RIKISHI!
- Space Expo: A con-within-a-con experience that’s all about space exploration! Featuring experts in their respective scientific fields, kids (or big kid adults) can have fun with science-based interactive experiments! Space Expo’s Guest of Honor is Herbert Jefferson Jr, who portrayed Lt. Boomer on the classic series Battlestar Galactica
- LBCC’s Cosplay Contest: The West Coast’s most inventive and artistic costuming wizards show off their fantastic talents and compete in a variety of fun categories for a grand prize
- GeekFest Film Festival: Two solid days of indie movie bliss, often with the filmmakers themselves on hand