Ten common habits that gamers should stop doing right now
What bad and harmful habits all gamers should get rid of in order to prevent unnecessary troubles with their health, socialization, and even money?
10 bad habits that you should stop doing right now
As a rule, gamers are pretty similar. They have the same interests, problems, and habits only they can understand. However, at https://my-custom-essays.com/ we think that some habits inherent to gamers are not as cool as that. Actually, gamers have tons of addictions that seem to be strange and groundless.
- Compulsive restarting. As most stealth games have an elaborated checkpoint system or a function that allows quick saving, many gamers use it to restart the last mission if something went wrong. It seems like we want to do every mission, every piece of the game perfectly. But, is it really necessary to do that? We can finish the mission even if some mistakes were made, and we can go to the next one after this is done. By doing so, we use our time inefficiently.
- Cranking the volume. Many gamers put on their headsets while playing and crank the volume up. By doing so, they can hear every tiny detail of the game that makes the playing process far greater. However, one should not forget that listening to music in a headset could be extremely harmful for your hearing. The point here is to find the balance between too loud and too quiet.
- Slouching. This bad habit relates to everyone who uses a computer for gaming, work, or studying. If we do it once in a while it does not have a harmful effect. But, when the game goes smoothly, and we are one hundred percent in it, we can remain such pose during a long period, what is not useful for our spine. So, if you enjoy playing games, make sure that you have a good computer chair.
- Dropping or throwing controllers. When you feel like ruin your controller, take a moment and think if you really want to buy a new controller because of your anger. Do you have some excess money that you can spend because of your inability to control your emotions? Have a special pillow or boxing Hook and Jab pads nearby to get rid of your anger instead of crushing your expensive controller.
- Playing a bunch of games at once. Sometimes gamers just cannot pick one game and finish it, so they install several at ones and play each of them chaotically. It is not a harmful habit but it keeps us away from fully enjoying each game we play. You do not immerse completely in a game, so you can skip many interesting parts or missions. If you have a game that you are really excited about, do not let the other games to spoil it for you.
- Thinking that you will be the best. It is not necessary to be the best in a game to enjoy it and have a lot of fun when playing it. If you set the only goal to show everybody that you are the best, you will not enjoy the game. Most likely, you will be disappointed, angry, and unsatisfied.
- Getting hostile. Trash talks in the online game are normal but you have to have your boundaries. Establish some lines that you will not cross regardless the circumstances because you do not to be the most hated gamer that everybody laugh at.
- Cursing. It is kind of normal to use swearing words during the game. But, the main problem with them is that sometimes we use those words in a real world outside of gaming because of a habit. Make sure that you can filter your words otherwise you risk getting into troubles.
- Console warring. There are so many ways to play video games: PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, PC. Each gamer has preferences, and everyone is allowed to use what he/she likes. Avoid shaming someone for their preferences regarding video games.
- Forgetting that it is just a game. Sometimes we literally forget the fact it is just a video game and start taking it too seriously. Such attitude is not good for our nervous system. If you realize that the line between real life and a game is smeared, put it on a pause and go out. You need to restart your mindset before to continue.
In conclusion, video games are amazing and playing them does not make us thieves or abnormal. Nevertheless, sometimes it would be better to control our bad habits to prevent turning into obsessed people. Take it easy, have fun, and enjoy your life.