DC is celebrating International Women’s Day, March 8, with eight variant covers honoring some of the most powerful women in the DC Universe. Artist Eleonora Carlini drew a touching scene on the cover of Action Comics #1053 with the rest of the Super family giving Ma Kent a jacket to match their own. In her first cover for DC, Jasmin Darnell depicts three of the strongest female characters in comics history, Mary Marvel, Wonder Woman and Nubia, on the cover of Wonder Woman #797. Two famed WildStorm alumnus, Rebekah Isaacs and Carrie Strachan, drew and colored the cover of WildC.A.T.s. #5 featuring the team ready for battle.
ACTION COMICS #1053 by ELEONORA CARLINI on sale March 28
The full line-up of International Women’s Day variant covers are:
- ACTION COMICS #1053 by ELEONORA CARLINI on sale March 28
- BATGIRLS #16 by LYNNE YOSHII on sale March 14
- CATWOMAN #53 by QISTINA KHALIDAH on sale March 21
- HARLEY QUINN #28 by CATHY KWAN on sale March 28
- JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3 by MARIA LAURA SANAPO and LAURA MARTIN on sale March 7
- POISON IVY #10 by SKYLAR PATRIDGE on sale March 7
- WILDC.A.T.s. #5 by REBEKAH ISAACS and CARRIE STRACHAN on sale March 14
- WONDER WOMAN #797 by JASMIN DARNELL on sale March 21
Each of the covers can be ordered at your local comic shop!