CGC is excited to announce an In-House Private Signing with seminal X-Men writer Chris Claremont! He is credited with turning X-Men into one of Marvel’s most popular series and created numerous X-Men characters, including Legion, The New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Rogue, Gambit, Sabretooth, Kitty Pryde and Mystique. Claremont also developed the character of Wolverine into a fan favorite.
“The thing I love most about conventions is meeting people. Even after these many years, it’s wonderful hearing you readers tell me how much my stories have meant. And while the coronavirus keeps us apart in person, I hope these signatures mean as much to you who receive them as they do to me making them. I hope as well it won’t be long before we can see each other again in person — because you readers are what make this whole game worth the playing,” Claremont said.
CGC is also introducing a bold, new X-Men certification label that will be available for any books that come in via Claremont’s CGC In-House Private Signing. The label is available for all X-Men book that are submitted.
For this event, all CGC members, including free members, can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Claremont for the collectibles to be signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando. The destination event has been rescheduled for June 4-7 and is not far from CGC headquarters.
After Claremont signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $70 per item includes:
- Chris Claremont’s signature
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
Books need to be at CGC headquarters no later than Friday, May 29, 2020.
For this exclusive CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – CHRIS CLAREMONT from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to Chris Claremont under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write CHRIS on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.