CGC Announces In-House Private Signing with Clayton Crain
CGC is excited to announce another CGC In-House Private Signing— this time with Clayton Crain! Crain is an American comic book artist known for his work with Marvel Comics, including Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Carnage and Venom. He has also drawn for Valiant (Rai) and DC Comics.
“I enjoy meeting everyone at the comic conventions and look forward to seeing you all again soon. Until then, we can pass the time, in our long distance relationship, with an in-house signing,” says Crain.
For this event, ALL CGC members — including free CGC members — can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Crain to have the collectibles signed around the time of MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7. Many guests have already confirmed their attendance at the popular event.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Crain signs the collectibles, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. Once graded and encapsulated, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
CGC will provide signing and scheduling updates via e-blasts and on all social media channels.
The fee for the CGC In-House Signing is $70 per item, which includes:
- Clayton Crain’s signature
- expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
Books need to be received by CGC no later than Monday, May 25, 2020, to be eligible for this event.
For this exclusive private signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – CLAYTON CRAIN from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to Clayton Crain under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write CC on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, May 25, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Monday, May 25, 2020.