CGC Announces an In-House Private Signing with “THE INNOVATOR” — JIM STERANKO
CGC is thrilled to announce that comic-industry extraordinaire Jim Steranko is joining the exciting roster of CGC In-House Private Signing participants. The writer-illustrator rocketed to fame when he took the struggling Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. — a feature in Marvel’s 1960’s Strange Tales — to huge popularity. His approach to design and storytelling was revolutionary and, to this day, his fans call him “The Innovator.” A WIZARD magazine poll named him one of the five “Most Influential Artists of All Time.”
In addition to his signing with CGC, Steranko is offering images of the character with which he is most associated—and that he calls FURY ICONS (shown below). The art is on (approx) 7×10″ VELLUM STOCK (each slightly different in size and detail). Steranko will sign and/or inscribe the original with your first name in the lower central area. To order one of these special sketches, access firstname.lastname@example.org and email from there for details.
Currently, Steranko has no shows scheduled during the 2020 season, which means the only way to get collectibles signed by Steranko this year is through the CGC In-House Private Signing.
Steranko expresses his concerns: “America is facing Herculean adversity and, in microcosm, that situation is reflected in the comic-book industry. I’m in touch with shop owners and con managers every day, generating strategies to help colleagues overcome the darkness that’s affected all our lives. When my friends at CGC pitched the idea of a private signing to me, it seemed to hit that target dead center. “Each of my fans is important to me, and I miss the rapport we always have at shows. CGC’s alternative to convention on-site sessions is an efficient and safe procedure to make the improbable happen — without the obvious danger and difficulty. I’ve worked with the CGC team for 20 years and confirm this is a classic example of their dedication and integrity to vindicating an authentic American art form.”
For Steranko’s CGC In-House Private Signing, both free and paid CGC members can submit collectibles directly to CGC headquarters in Florida. CGC will coordinate with Steranko for the collectibles to be signed in mid-July.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After Steranko signs the collectibles, CGC will grade them with expedited turnaround times of three weeks for grading or six weeks for grading and pressing. Collectibles are then shipped back to their owners.
The CGC In-House Private Signing fee of $85 per item includes:
- Jim Steranko’s signature
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
CGC must receive all submissions for this event at its Florida headquarters by Friday, June 26, 2020.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – JIM STERANKO from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to JIM STERANKO under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write JS on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, June 26, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, June 26, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC In-House Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.