CGC Announces a Dual In-House Private Signing with Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman
Two comic book creators, one CGC In-House Private Signing! CGC is excited to announce that comic book writer Donny Cates and comic book artist Ryan Stegman will participate in a duel CGC In-House Private Signing event, enabling fans to get autographs from Cates, Stegman or both!
Donny Cates made his debut in independent comics in 2013 thanks to Dark Horse Comics. In 2017, he was hired by Marvel Comics and became a leading writer entrusted with historical characters, including Thanos, Doctor Strange and the Inhumans. The acclaimed relaunches of Venom and Guardians of the Galaxy are a definitive statement of his work. Cates also continues writing independent and “creator-owned” books, such as Aftershock.
Ryan Stegman is a Marvel-exclusive comic book artist best known for his work on Venom, Spiderman, X-23, The Incredible Hulk and She-Hulk. Stegman has been working on Venom with Cates since the current book began.
“CGC is thrilled to host Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman for a private signing event,” said Harshen Patel, CGC Director of Operations. “Their collaboration on Venom is among the best in the industry right now, and we’re glad to enable fans get both of their autographs with one submission.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members — that includes free CGC members — can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC will coordinate with Cates and Stegman to have the collectibles signed in conjunction with MEGACON Orlando, which has been rescheduled for June 4-7.
If the CGC In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled due to show postponements or cancellations, travel restrictions or other reasons, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
Books can be submitted for only Donny Cates’ signature or for only Ryan Stegman’s signature, or books can be submitted for both signatures. After Cates and Stegman sign the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an expedited turnaround time of only three weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the expedited turnaround time will be six weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
Check CGC eblasts and social media channels for any signing and scheduling updates.
The fee for this CGC In-House Private Signing is $70 per item for Donny Cates’ signature OR Ryan Stegman’s signature, or $90 for both signatures per collectible. The applicable fee includes:
- Creator(s) signature(s)
- Expedited turnaround time of three weeks for CGC grading
- Expedited turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with CGC’s iconic yellow Signature Series label
Books need to be at CGC by Friday, May 29, 2020, to be eligible for this event.
For this CGC In-House Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log into your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and IN-HOUSE SIGNING – DONNY CATES, IN-HOUSE SIGNING RYAN STEGMAN, OR IN-HOUSE SIGNING – DONNY AND RYAN from the dropdown menu in that section.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DONNY CATES, RYAN STEGMAN OR BOTH under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- Please write DR on all sides of the box.
- Books will be received into CGC’s system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are: at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, May 29, 2020, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, May 29, 2020.
Membership credits cannot be applied to private signings.