Cast For “The Sandman” On Netflix Announced
Today Netflix has announced the cast for its upcoming series based on Neil Gaiman’s The Sandman from DC Comics. Gaiman will serve as the show’s Executive Producer and Co-writer, Warner Bros. Television will produce the series.
- Tom Sturridget is Dream, Lord of the Dreaming
- Gwendoline Christie is Lucifer, Ruler of Hell
- Vivienne Acheampong is Lucienne, chief librarian and trusted guardian of Dream’s realm
- Boyd Holbrook is The Corinthian, an escaped nightmare who wishes to taste all that the world has in store
- Charles Dance is Roderick Burgess, Charlatan, blackmailer and magician
- Asim Chaudhry is Abel and Sanjeev Bhaskar is Cain, the first victim and the first predator, residents and loyal subjects of the Dream Realm.
The Sandman is being described as “A rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven, The Sandman follows the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he mends the cosmic — and human — mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.”
Nein Gaiman had this to say about the series coming to fruition, “For the last thirty-three years, the Sandman characters have breathed and walked around and talked in my head. I’m unbelievably happy that now, finally, they get to step out of my head and into reality. I can’t wait until the people out there get to see what we’ve been seeing as Dream and the rest of them take flesh, and the flesh belongs to some of the finest actors out there. This is astonishing, and I’m so grateful to the actors and to all of The Sandman collaborators — Netflix, Warner Bros., DC, to Allan Heinberg and David Goyer, and the legions of crafters and geniuses on the show — for making the wildest of all my dreams into reality.”
As of this writing, no premiere date for The Sandman has been announced.https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/cast-for-the-sandman-on-netflix-announced/https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Sandman_Logo-600x257.pnghttps://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Sandman_Logo-150x64.pngMovie & TV NewsNewsdc,DC Comics,Neil Gaiman,Netflix,Netflix series,The Sandman,Vertigo