SWEET LULLABY Trade Paperback Releases March 2017
– “Boughs WILL be broken!” –
Los Angeles, CA (March 20, 2017) – SWEET LULLABY, an all-new six-issue sexy spy/thriller co-created by writer AJ Scherkenbach and artist J. Briscoe Allison, releases as a trade paperback book on March 29, 2017, courtesy of Darby Pop Publishing. In 2016, Darby Pop acquired publishing rights from Red Anvil Comics when it inked a partnership deal with the book’s co-creators.
Logline: SWEET LULLABY is a blackly comedic spy-thriller cum dysfunctional-family drama set within modern suburbia. Imagine that the girl-next-door — sweet, friendly, and beautiful – is also a somewhat-sadistic government assassin… trying to live a “normal” life even while taking lives.
Series Synopsis: Lullaby is a strong-willed, 2nd-generation covert assassin, viewing the world through a black and white lens. Typically, she adopts a new look and identity for each mission before moving-in next door to a potential target, and presenting herself as a friendly (or troubled or sexy or mysterious) neighbor. But, upon receiving orders to “terminate,” Lullaby does so with clever — and sadistic — precision. Now, Lullaby is mired in a “gray area”; she must choose whether to remain a government-sanctioned killer or walk away for love. That is, of course, assuming the choice will be hers to make.
“SWEET LULLABY is the love child of The Professional, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith; we were hooked immediately.” said Jeff Kline, founder of Darby Pop Publishing.
Like so many other Darby Pop releases, Sweet Lullaby has received glowing praise from top “comic book” websites:
- Rating: 10/10 – The Court of Nerds
- “Exciting, different, and daring from the premise through the execution…” – Reading with a Flight Ring
- “Fans of books like Kick-Ass, where the superhero model gets turned upside down, should find a lot to like about this series, as should anyone who appreciates great storytelling through brisk dialogue and fantastic visuals.” – Comic Crusader (5 stars)
- “Sweet Lullaby is an interesting take on the concept of assassins and spies…how she reconciles her present life with her past will be something readers will find most interesting.” – Omnicomic
The SWEET LULLABY trade paperback hits comic book stores, bookstores, and online retailers in March 2017 and will be available for $19.99. It can be ordered by retailers from Diamond Book Distributors with Diamond Code JAN171883. It can be pre-ordered now on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and IndieBound.https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/sweet-lullaby-trade-paperback-releases-march-2017/https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Sweey-Lullaby-logo-600x257.pnghttps://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Sweey-Lullaby-logo-150x64.pngNews