USA NETWORK SET TO MAKE TV HISTORY AS #1 AD-SUPPORTED ENTERTAINMENT CABLE NETWORK IN TOTAL VIEWERS FOR 11TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
NEW YORK – December 15, 2016 – USA Network is on track to end 2016 as the most watched ad-supported cable entertainment network for an 11th consecutive year — the longest streak at #1 for a cable or broadcast network in the history of Nielsen metered measurement. Driven by hit new and returning series including COLONY, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SHOOTER, MR. ROBOT, SUITS and CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST and two nights per week of live action with WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE, USA delivered an average of 1.68MM total viewers P2+ for the year.
In 4th Quarter 2016, USA is also on track to be up +5% vs. last year — one of only three Top 10 networks to show year over year ratings growth among the key 18-49 demo. “We are so proud to end 2016 at #1 for the 11th straight year,” said Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. “USA’s enduring success is a testament to not only our amazing team, but to a strong programming lineup that continues to deliver a devoted audience at scale year after year.”
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2016 INCLUDE:
· USA was the #1 cable entertainment network on Monday nights with P18-49 and P2+, with the three-hour live WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW garnering an average of 3.7MM total viewers P2+.
· Since moving to Tuesday nights in July, WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE saw double-digit increases: +25% P18-49 and +12% P2+, helping USA rank as the #1 cable entertainment network in its timeslot in those demos. Versus year-ago ratings, SMACKDOWN is up +46% among P18-49 and +17% among P2+.
· Three new USA series — COLONY, SHOOTER and QUEEN OF THE SOUTH — were top 10 scripted first season dramas on ad-supported cable for P2+, with COLONY and SHOOTER also top 10 among P18-49.
· COLONY was USA’s #1 new series in 2016 among P18-49, P25-54 and P2+, delivering an average of 2.5MM P2+.
· Since its mid-November debut, SHOOTER is USA’s #1 new scripted series year to date with P18-34, and is a top five ad-supported cable first season drama among both P18-34 and M18-49.
· In addition to being a top 10 ad-supported cable first season drama with P25-54 and P2+, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH is also the most multicultural original series in the history of USA among P18-49 with over 50% of the audience either Hispanic or African American.
· Returning series CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST, SUITS and MR. ROBOT continued to deliver in 2016:
· CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST’s fourth season was its most watched ever among both P18-49 and P2+. The original unscripted series delivered 1.4MM P18-49 and 2.80MM in P2+, increases of +7% and +6% respectively over Season 3.
· SUITS was the #1 cable entertainment series on Wednesday nights during both the show’s winter and summer runs in P18-49 and P2+ and was a top 20 ad-supported cable entertainment series in P2+.
· USA’s award-winning series MR. ROBOT delivered a younger and more affluent audience in its second season, lowering its median age by four years and becoming the network’s most upscale original series ever. To date, Season 2 has had more than 16MM unduplicated viewers and received an additional 12MM views on non-linear platforms.
Note: All linear data below is YTD (12/28/15-11/20/16), L7 (000) Press Prime unless otherwise noted. 2015 is 12/29/14-12/17/15. Top ad-supported cable entertainment show rankers are based on programs (new and returning shows) and excludes repeats and specials. USA original series rankers exclude wrestling. 3+ telecasts with exception of bullets that incorporate Shooter (1+). Program rankers for the night (8-11pm) or timeslot include all airings for programs, including repeats and specials. All digital data is Omniture, 2016 year to date (1/1/2016-12/6/2016), FY2015. Mr. Robot non-linear is Omniture, Rentrak, and Xfinity Portal.http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/usa-network-set-to-make-tv-history-as-1-ad-supported-entertainment-cable-network-in-total-viewers-for-11th-consecutive-year/http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/USA-Network-Logo-600x257.pnghttp://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/USA-Network-Logo-150x64.pngMovie & TV NewsNews