SPOILER ALERT – Mysterious New Power Ranger Introduced Today in ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers’ #9
• A mysterious new Power Ranger with shocking origins makes a worldwide debut in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 from BOOM! Studios and Saban Brands. The issue is available for sale today, November 30, in comic shops and on digital platforms.
• This marks the first time a new Power Ranger has been created in “Mighty Morphin” continuity since the series debuted over 23 years ago. The mysterious new Ranger is a key architect behind the chaos that has plagued the Mighty Morphin team since the launch of the comic book series. This reveal is part of a long-term story with far-reaching effects and consequences.
• The new Ranger, featuring an all-new costume, was developed by series writer Kyle Higgins (Nightwing, Hadrian’s Wall), main cover artist Jamal Campbell, Saban Brands, and BOOM! Studios. A jpeg of Campbell’s illustration is below:
• Issue #9 is illustrated by series artist Hendry Prasetya. A jpeg of the mysterious new Ranger as it appears in the issue is below:
• The identity of this new Power Ranger will be revealed in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #11 by Higgins and Prasetya, on sale in January. (Note: December’s issue #10 will feature a “break in the action” story featuring a solo adventure centered on the Blue Ranger, Billy Cranston.)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9
While Tommy and Jason face off against Black Dragon on the Moon, the rest of the Rangers seek a means to jump-start their powers and save their Zords from his influence! With Billy’s life on the line, will the Rangers overcome their greatest challenge or find defeat in the claws of this familiar foe?
Writer: Kyle Higgins
Artist: Hendry Prasetya
Main Cover: Jamal Campbell
Incentive Cover 1: Goñi Montes
Incentive Cover 2: Julio Cesar
Unlockable Action Figure Variant: Telmos Santos & David Ryan Robinson
Unlockable Villain Variant: Daniele Di Nicuolo