Montel Williams, Kato Kaelin, ‘Chumlee’ Appearances, Live Magic, Dance, Music, Chalk Art Among New Entertainment Slate At Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans, January 6-8, 2017
Plethora Of Ongoing Live Shows On Show Stages & At Republic New Orleans Provide Wizard World Fans With Non-Stop Entertainment All Weekend Long
NEW ORLEANS, December 20, 2016 – From TV magicians “Masters of Illusion” to personalities Montel Williams, Kato Kaelin and “Chumlee” of “Pawn Stars” fame to a varied lineup of exciting dance, music, art and other options, Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) today announced the highlights of its new non-stop entertainment lineup at Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans, January 6-8, 2017, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The initiative, designed to keep the show floor buzzing throughout the weekend, will feature national and local acts of all kinds, allowing fans to enjoy more of the best of pop culture during the event and into the evenings.
“We want Wizard World New Orleans attendees to come away from our show with a full pop culture experience that goes beyond meeting celebrities and getting autographs and photographs,” said John Maatta, Wizard World CEO. “Whether it’s world-class magicians, interactive Q&A’s with interesting personalities, live music, dance and art demonstrations, it will be wall-to-wall entertainment all weekend. These are in addition to the celebrity sessions, creator panels and other topical programming fans have come to expect at Wizard World events.”
In addition to appearing throughout the weekend on the Show Stages and other areas on the show floor at the Convention Center, several acts will also perform at Republic New Orleans (828 S. Peters St.), as part of Saturday evening activities connected with Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans. Admission to the Republic New Orleans events (10 a.m. – 2 a.m.) is free with Wizard World admission, or available for $10 at the door.
Among the highlights of the Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans entertainment lineup are:
- Interactive Q&A sessions with special guests Williams and “Chumlee” (note that Williams will not be signing autographs or posing for photo ops).
- Kaelin hosting many of the performances during the event and Saturday night Republic New Orleans event.
- “Masters of Illusion,”four of the CW television series stars Wayne Phelps, Adam Wylie, Chris Randall and Naathan Phan) dazzling fans with their own brand of magic.
- Angela Marie, who brings her awe-inspiring grinder and dance acts in an electrifying visual spectacle (also appearing at Republic).
- KillrKat, a futuristic dynamic duo comprised of two internationally established electronic musicians whose identities are a mystery, lending suspense and comic book appeal to their act (also appearing at Republic).
- The Purrfect Angelz, a finalist on “America’s Got Talent,” as well as the dancers on ‘Nashville Star’ and “Jeff Foxworthy’s Big Night Out” (also appearing at Republic and free demo dance Sunday for Kids Day).
- The Chalk Twins, twin, 17-time, award-winning chalk artists Devon and Lexi, interacting with fans while artwork comes alive at fans’ feet (also hosting free chalk art lesson Saturday and Sunday for kids).
- Stephany Nery, make up artist, for free make up all weekend near the cosplay booth.
- Irina Filatova, face painter appearing in the Kids Booth Saturday and Sunday
The entertainment offerings supplement a top-flite celebrity lineup which includes Carrie Fisher (Star Wars), Tom Felton (Harry Potter franchise), Christopher Lloyd and Tom Wilson (Back To The Future), Stephen Amell (“Arrow”), David Duchovny (“The X-Files,” “Californication”), Michael Rooker (“The Walking Dead,” Guardians of the Galaxy), WWE® Superstars Batista ™ (Dave Bautista) and Finn Bálor™, Nichelle Nichols (“Star Trek”) and David Ramsey (“Arrow”). The event marks Wizard World’s seventh annual show in New Orleans and the first on Wizard World’s 2017 calendar.
Wizard World Comic Cons bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans show hours are: Friday, January 6, 5-10 p.m.; Saturday, January 7, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Sunday, January 8, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wizard World is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor. The famed Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans Costume Contest will take place on Saturday night.http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/montel-williams-kato-kaelin-chumlee-appearances-live-magic-dance-music-chalk-art-among-new-entertainment-slate-at-wizard-world-comic-con-new-orleans-january-6-8-2017/http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/wizard-world-logo-600x253.pnghttp://www.firstcomicsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/wizard-world-logo-150x63.pngNews